- IRI: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/fma.owl
- OBO Foundry: Library
- Download: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/fma.owl
- Home: http://sig.biostr.washington.edu/projects/fm/index.html
- Contact: Onard Mejino
- Description: The Foundational Model of Anatomy Ontology (FMA) is an evolving computer-based knowledge source for biomedical informatics; it is concerned with the representation of classes or types and relationships necessary for the symbolic representation of the phenotypic structure of the human body in a form that is understandable to humans and is also navigable, parseable and interpretable by machine-based systems. Specifically, the FMA is a domain ontology that represents a coherent body of explicit declarative knowledge about human anatomy.
- comment: Object properties migrated from frames version retained the previously assigned FMAIDs. Newly introduced object properties post OWL-translation are no longer assigned FMAIDs.
- comment: The Foundational Model of Anatomy Ontology (FMA) is a project of the Structural Informatics Group from the Department of Biological Structure at the University of Washington (UW) School of Medicine. The FMA is an intellectual property of the University of Washington. The FMA is a reference ontology for the domain of human anatomy.
- creator: Cornelius Rosse, MD DSc
- versionIRI: http://purl.org/sig/ont/fma_4.6.0.owl
- contributing author: Augusto V. Agoncillo MD; Richard Martin PhD; Salvacion Quimosing MD
- primary author and curator: Jose Leonardo V. Mejino Jr. MD
- technical support: James F Brinkley MD PhD Linda Shapiro PhD Landon T Detwiler MS Kurt Rickard PhD
Number of Terms (including imported terms) (Detailed Statistics)
Number of SPARQL queries:8